Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Some sun

The days have been dark and dreary but yesterday as I worked I thought I saw the slightest glimmer of light.  It caught my eye while I was working and I realized the reason I noticed it was because a small strip had actually appeared across my desk.  I followed it with my gaze from one edge of my laptop to the end of my desk.  It must have taken a mere two seconds before my head jerked up and turned to the windows.  It was brighter.  I could feel the same happening inside of me.  A smile was tempting it's way out as I actually saw some sky with numerous clouds keeping it close company.
By the time I went to lunch the sun had braved its way out and was shining brightly.  The clouds had moved away and I was left with nothing but warm rays and blue hues overhead.  The air was sweeter and lightly played with the edges of my napkin as I was able to sit outside and bask in the best hour I have spent in months.  The warmth, the sun and sky while sitting out during my free hour in the middle of a hectic day?  I couldn't have asked for much more at the time.
It all seems too good to be true.  Well, oh course, but it isn't.  It isn't true.  I write fiction, remember?  It's all in my imagination and yesterday was as drab, dreary and dark as all the others we have had in succession.
I just had to find a way to make the best of it and well, this helped.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT