Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dreary day

It's been a dreary, overcast day.  There was a thunderstorm last night and it left the day with no sun and colder than it has been all week.  I got up too early, drank too much coffee, and posted a bit of fiction I probably should have left in a forgotten document somewhere.  Ah well.  So it goes.  I had to go out and donate my portion of blood.  It seems I am on their list now and they schedule me whenever my time comes up.  I don't have a problem doing it.  It used to be I was anemic and couldn't so I won't complain.   
I came home and did some usual household chores.  Then I baked cookies.  It filled the afternoon and the kitchen with some great aroma's.  I pulled my laptop down to the kitchen table and wrote.  It passed the time and I got to do two of the things I enjoy doing so much.
A dreary, overcast day alone but filled with things I do by myself.  Not such a bad combination.
Oh, and the fiction I wrote this afternoon?  It's in a document, filed away.  I'll decide later if it's one that needs to be forgotten about along with all the other chapters that are there with it.

But the cookies?  Impeccable.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT