Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Can't argue

Today was February 14th.  Everyone knows what day that is and the candy/flower/card industry promotes it to it's fullest.  Mine went like this:

Jay phoned me this morning and when I answered he said, "Happy Birthday."
I said, "Thank you."
We both know it isn't my birthday. 
He asked me, "How old are you now?"
I said, "I'm still 56.  It didn't change today."
"Then it really is a good birthday, isn't it?"
How do you argue with that?

When I came home from work there was a box of flowers on the porch.  I let myself in, opened the box and put the flowers in a vase with water.  I called Jay and said,
"Someone left a box of flowers on the porch."
He said, "It must have been that Fed-Ex guy.  He keeps doing that."
"The Fed-Ex guy?"
"Yeah, him."
I asked, "You sure?"
"Yeah."
I said, "Well, he left a card with the flowers that says he loves me."
He said, "Oh!  No wonder he keeps leaving things on the porch."
I didn't argue with that either.

Aren't these manufactured holidays fun?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT