Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can't pass up the chance

I started out this morning doubting if I would be able to get to run outside.  It was cold.  It was cloudy.  I wanted to run and I wanted to run outdoors but I was almost, but not completely, resigned that I would have to venture to the gym.  But instead I decided I would get some chores out of the way first and see if the clouds would break.
I managed to keep my car legal.  I went out and bought my new tags and then had the car inspected. Both of those things would have expired by the end of this month.  By that time it was creeping to be right around 12:30 and I wasn't completely satisfied I was ready to brave a run outdoors yet.  I was giving some thought about going out to buy some new running shoes instead.  That would be just the inspiration and motivation I would need to get me out there.  What could be better than to run in a new pair of shoes?  About that time Dante called and asked if he could borrow my car.  He had a function he needed to attend and long story short I agreed.  After I hung up the phone with Dante, Selma called and asked if it would be okay for me to watch the little ones for her.  She wanted to go the gym and Sonny had gone into work and..Yes.  I couldn't go anywhere anyway since Dante was going to use my car. 
She brought the boys over and left.  I kept them amused and then Dante called and said he wouldn't need my car after all.  Selma picked up the boys after her workout and I realized I was at the point in the afternoon where I could let the day slide away or take advantage of this window of opportunity.  I took it.  I pulled on a long sleeved shirt, capri length pants and my old running shoes.  I didn't want to risk going out for new shoes and lose the time and chance to actually run.  And I did run.
So feeling good, feeling fine.  A little bit of it all.
To think I might have missed it.  To think I started out so doubtful.

And didn't I get the added bonus of spending time with Mr. L? How could I pass up a chance like that?  No way.
   



TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT