Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Today is February 29th or what is called Leap Day.  It's that extra day you get this month about every four years.  It's put there so the powers-that-be are sure to enforce that everything will stay on track with the calendar and keep it flowing nicely with the seasons and astronomical something or others.  Somehow if they didn't add the extra day I guess all the cogs in their device would miss their groove and lose their place and the whole system would get jammed.  I can't imagine that adding one day every four years would actually do that but I'm not the one with the powers.
I'm glad this month is (almost) over.  I don't have much against February (except that it's usually the coldest month.  It's been the grayest.  I've missed outdoor run time.  It's been hard to get motivated.)  Okay, maybe I don't like February as much as other months so that might explain why I'm glad it's over. 
What it means is that I can finally say we are headed around the corner for better weather.  Better meaning warmer (hotter).  Yes.  I am one of those people that literally loves basking in the sun.  I want those golden rays beaming down on me.  I don't really care about all the talk about how it's not good for me.  If you really want to see something that isn't good just take it away from me for any amount of time and see what happens.  Believe me.  That isn't nice and it isn't pretty.
So February is about done.  March is coming in like a golden ray of sun.
Come to think of it, that does kind of make me want to leap.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT