Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Half hour

I should be going out for a run.  The weather is perfect.  I'm home from work, the weather is perfect and it would be a great afternoon for a run.  It would be good even for a short run just to get out there and take advantage of the perfect weather.  We haven't had weather this good in a while which is why I have been hauling myself to the gym instead and running on the treadmill.  But today I wouldn't have to do that since this is the weather I've been waiting for to run outdoors.
But here I am instead.  It was a long day at work.  I'm a little tired.  My leg muscles are slightly sore.  I'm being lazy.  All of the above.
Typical.  Everything is now in it's perfect place and I'm not motivated.  I even went through my work-out clothes yesterday and threw out old sports bras and old shirts that I use for running.  I went out and replaced them all with new, improved (nice smelling) clothes.  And still I'm staring out my window and thinking I should be out there but not making a move to actually do it. 
I'll give myself a small break.  Maybe I just need a half hour to unwind since I had a long day at work and I'm a little tired.  My leg muscles are a little sore and it's making me lazy.  A half hour should do it unless it takes 45 minutes.  That should do it.  No more than that.  Just to unwind.
Who am I kidding?  I should just go out for a run.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT