Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning to ignore

Monday morning 5:59am and I wonder.  I comtemplate and think, too much.  I can grin about it because I have gotten good at that one thing.  Thinking.  I can take a simple thought in so many different directions it certainly can make life confusing or fun depending if the weather is in my favor or not (she says sarcastically).
This morning I am thinking I need to firm up my routine.  I need to think about making a plan to fit in the things I want to be doing while still doing the things I have to do.  But then I am thinking (grin here) that what I need to do is change my routine.  Or is that really the same thing but looking at it from a different side of the room?
I know I want to get moving whether it is around the room, the house, outside or in front of my laptop writing more chapters.  There it is.  I think that is what has been stomping all over my brain lately.  That best friend of mine called insecurity keeps leaving me messages about writing and has been slowing me down.  The good part is that I have kept focused on the pieces I am writing during these times and have even found myself curbing the overthinking in order to just put down the words.  That comes first.  That's the hard part.  Then later I can see what needs to be done.   
I just need to get better at ignoring those blasted messages about the writing.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT