Wednesday, March 21, 2012

How much is too much?

It seems of late the only websites I have been visiting are ones I am using as tools.  I am beginning to wonder if I am trying to keep track of too many things?  Is having an abundance of statistics at my fingertips going overboard when it might be the only thing that I am viewing? 
I think I might get the same answer I got when I asked if I was watching too much television.  At that particular time I felt, what I considered, an extravagant amount of time being spent immobile in front of the glowing screen.  It turns out I would be considered a very low and even extremely low viewer of the box.  Yet, in my mind I was watching too much.  The answer that was given me was that I wasn't spending too much time if I was enjoying it and it didn't hurt anything.
So, my tracking of myself isn't so bad?  Even if I know it is far more than anyone else would be doing?  And I only know that because I am mildly embarrassed to admit all that I have been tracking?  Because, let's see, it's come down to this:
Nike+  = All my miles.  Two challenges this month currently going on.  I have 139 miles left to change my color mode from blue to purple.  I have 8 miles to complete 50 this month.  I didn't run yesterday!
Wellness at work = Health articles, 6 week fitness program, web seminars, E-mail health coaching (exchanged three so far with coach)
Calorie Count = Newest obsession.  I am on day one of week four today.  Food journal logging (every day, every meal)!  Tracks portions and calories, nutrients and grades daily analysis.  Activity journal that turns workouts into calories burned.  Log for water consumed, weight trending and forums with real people and specific topics...like I'm over 50 and need motivation to work out and such.
Blogger = hmmm.  That place I can't seem to leave behind.  The original tool that I have been neglecting in order to pursue all the other tools.  But the creative space needs it's time, too, doesn't it? 
So is it all too much?  Does the same answer apply that I was given about television (which I haven't turned on in two days).
It might be when I was a little upset that my phone died last night and I had to go out and get a loaner instead of having a run.  I had to get a loaner...I have appls for all my sites on the phone!  What would I do?  But then what am I really hurting if anything?  When is it too much?  Or is it?
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT