Monday, February 20, 2012

Peee-uu


I just got back from the gym.  That makes three work-outs since yesterday.  I'm not going for any obsessive record or trying to make up miles for days I skipped out on.  I'm not.  It's just that Jay actually decided he would (yes - for real) go to the gym yesterday afternoon to walk for 30 minutes!  He might do it again today and if that is the case I will go with him and have another day with two workouts since I already got mine done in the mornings.  It's all about getting there and if I can help with that for him it sure doesn't hurt me.  I'm kind of glad to do it. 
But right now I couldn't help but get a whiff of myself and I must say peee-uu!  I don't know what's been going on with me lately.  After these workouts I am really not being able to stand my stinky self.  It never seemed to be quite this bad before but now it seems to have gotten really bad and so much worse.  I think I need to replace some of my more worn out work-out clothes.  I think even after my regular and timely washings they just aren't getting as completely clean as I would like or need them to get.  I already replaced my deodorant for a stronger brand so it must be the clothes are just old and I need fresher, newer ones.
I mentioned this to Jay not too long ago.  He listened to me go on about my b-o and I didn't think he was taking me seriously.  (Does anyone take conversations about body odor seriously)?  I did what I had to do.  I marched into my closet and pulled out a freshly laundered workout shirt and threw it across to him with it landing (as I grinned) strategically across Jays face.  "Smell that and tell me if it doesn't reek!", I shouted over to him.  He seemed to breathe it in and pulled it down and held it out for me to take back.  "It doesn't reek," he said.
"It doesn't?"
"Nope.  It's not the shirt."
"It isn't?"
"I can't smell it.  It seems fine."
That wasn't what I wanted to hear.  That could only mean it really is me.  I reek.  Aww, man! 
Then because timing is everything the next day I found this comic that is above torn out and on the refrigerator door.  Jay had put it there and I have to admit it made me grin.  It doesn't make me feel any better about my stinking situation but it takes some of the edge off.   
And I will be thowing out those old workout clothes and replacing them - possibly today - before my second workout this afternoon just in case Jay is wrong and they are contributing to my current state of smelliness.
And now that I think about it...Has he done it again?..another animal?  Where am I at now?  Let's see... Whale, mule, small horse, skunk.  No wonder I smell so bad.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT