Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cold, but got it done

It is now afternoon of Day three of my change up of early morning runs and I did run this morning.  After all my hoopla yesterday the weather wasn't an issue.  Actually, I was reminded by my nike+ sensor site (where all my workouts are stored) that it is actually five mornings in a row.  I had forgotten that I ran this past weekend so including last Saturday and Sunday and since I have gotten out to run before 5:30am this past Monday, Tuesday, and this morning, Wednesday, I have five consecutive morning runs.  That is great considering it was cold this morning.  There wasn't a drop of rain and I got up and headed out without a thought.  I didn't think about it until I was out and saw two walkers dressed head to toe with warm-up pants and hoodies pulled up over their heads.  No...they weren't dangerous...unless over-zealous work-out freaks like me are considered that.  But seeing them I realized I might have put more on than my running shorts and regular tee.  My hands had started to go really cold but I was fine and I got it done.
I wish I could say things were going as well with the other end of my change up plan.  I've managed to switch my running from afternoons to mornings but the other switch is running into some snags.  The writing part I am supposed to be doing in the afternoons now has run into a few problems.  It isn't really the switching part.  I have actually sat down and spent time working on my fiction writing these past few afternoons.  The problem seems to be my writing itself. 
I am struggling to say the least.  I am having a bit of a hard time keeping things going.  I wrote a short dialogue yesterday that I thought had gone well only to go back and check and found I had already written a portion of that same information earlier.  I had spent time repeating myself.  I will go back and see about correcting that but that made it slightly frustrating.  I am only a few hundred words from 35,000 and if I am thinking the whole will be somewhere around 70,000 words than I am approximately half way there.
But I can't count the parts I've told twice. 
It's not the same as running my same route every morning.  I'm supposed to be writing new things and I am having a bit of a hard time.  But then, I didn't think I was going to get out and run this morning and I did even as cold as it was.  So the writing is a little cold.  I'll be fine and I'll get it done.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT