Saturday, March 5, 2011

Keep it simple

I had mentioned to Jay last night that I thought I would treat myself and go out to runners haven but when I got up early Saturday morning the windy was blustering.  I had a cup of coffee and thought I would wait just a bit and then it started raining.  It wasn't looking good.
Later that morning, when Jay was about to leave for work he asked me if I had gone out to run.
I responded, "When I got up it was really windy, so I waited a while but it kept getting worse.  It was blowing really hard and then it started splattering with all the wind, whatever you want to call it.  So I started to clean up the kitchen instead and I'm going to have to do that filtering with the coffee pot again since it isn't brewing all the water I put into it.  It's when all those minerals build up.  I'll do that after.  But I want to get the accounting finished first and I don't think the wind has stopped yet." 

Jay paused for just a minute, smiled and then asked, "So did you go out?"
Then I paused for a moment and said, "Oh, sorry.  I guess the answer to that is no."
I do go on sometimes.
He went on to say that he had never heard of splattering.  I tried to say, well, yeah, when the wind is blowing hard and all.  He pointed out he had never heard a weather man say, "And today, there will be a 30% chance of splattering."  Well, yeah, okay.
Maybe one day I'll learn to give a simple answer.  Just maybe not today.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT