Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nothing less

It was fully light but the ground was wet.  I don't think it had rained but the fog had been dense and I could still feel the moisture in the air.  It was still but whatever stirred was slightly cool which made me think I should have worn a different shirt other than the tank I had on.  I flipped that idea out of my head.  I was fine.  I had only just started the run and as I kept going I knew I would be plenty warmed up. 
I made my turn and came down a incline allowing my pace to quicken.  I let the ease of the slope carry me faster and downward to the end when it leveled off and I fell back into my regular rhythm.  I kept on.
I was at my half-way point.  I've covered these same miles many times.
I spotted a streetlight that hadn't known to go out yet.  It was the only one in the line of lamps still burning, seemly unaware that the sun had risen but hiding behind misty clouds.  At the lofty top of another two vultures perched.  They are not uncommon and I've seen them before.  It wasn't that long ago there were no streetlights here at all.  I'm not sure where they perched then.
I turned another corner and was on the last stretch home.  My sensor whispered that I had 400 meters to go and counted me down as I hit each: 300-200-100.  I always try to pick up the pace slightly when I hear that cue.  I did today.
I'm starting again slowly.  I'm flipping the over thinking out of my head.  I'm going out for a run.
Nothing more but, for sure now...not less.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT