Friday, March 25, 2011

No non-choices

I hadn't thought about it since I had gotten it out of the way.  I spent my fair share of time stressing about the fact that I had to close out Jay's business accounting from last year and take care of the taxes.  I knew I had piles of reports to enter into my nifty accounting system in order to get the final figures for all the sales and expenses that occurred during the year.  I had it looming over my shoulder, pressing down, knowing I had to fit it in to all the other things I was doing. 
Now I am thinking back and realizing it's all done.  I finished it a few weeks ago and have even sent it out and have gotten it all accomplished.  Even better than that I am current on the sales/expenses for this year.  I've actually entered the information for this current year on the system so I am already ahead.  I somehow managed to pull out of a bad pattern of waiting until deadline to start the work that I could have been breaking down into smaller jobs instead of waiting to do an enormous one at one time.
Now it is all just an afterthought.  All the time stressing about getting it done and accomplished was finished a few weeks ago and it's over.  And now I am wondering how much time I spend thinking and stressing about other things I have complete control over.
How much time do I spend worrying about a situation instead of doing something about it?  It sometimes is just a matter of figuring out what to do and sometimes that is where I might stop myself.  Do I want to do what needs to be done or am I afraid if I do it, what will happen next?  Ah, the choices.  And am I talking about bookkeeping any more or not.
I have some things I need to change up and am at that luscious point of making some choices.  I have been told that going with the flow is sometimes best and that it is also a choice.  Not mine, I don't think.  I won't be making any non-choices to see how it goes.  As long as I have choices to make...I would rather be the one making them.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT