Thursday, March 10, 2011

Charged up

I had to put my Nook aside last night to charge it so I decided to grab my binder of notes for my fiction to do a quick organization.  I had written myself more index cards of ideas that I had scattered on my nightstand and desk.  I have been good at keeping concise records of what I have already written in which chapter and what I will be writing in the next few but I knew I was needing to incorporate those index card ideas and get a clearer mental picture of where I was in my story.
I gathered everything up and was on my way downstairs when I got distracted and thought the kitchen needed a little picking up.  Once that was done, I realized the Nook was fully charged.  Ah...I see how this is going.  Do you?  Nothing like distraction.
I have been reading quite a bit lately but that is not unusual for me.  Right now I am reading more than my usual quite a bit to the point of being considered binge reading.  When I saw my Nook was fully charged and ready again for use I put aside my fiction binder and grabbed my device up.  I realized I would be going away for a few days and needed to visit the bookstore.  I didn't want to get to my personal paradise and not have another book to read so I clicked myself directly into the bookshop.  I knew I wanted the next book in the 5 book series I am into.  Let me see, click buy for #3...and just in case, click buy for #4.  Okay there, two extra books ready to read when I am ready to read them.  Then I thought...there is that other book that was released in February that I didn't get yet.  Okay, another search and click buy for #32 in the series, just in case (yes...already read all previous 31 books in that series).  That should do it.
Now my books are packed and ready to go.  They don't take any more space than just one would in my purse which is a plus and I did check my memory and with 44 current books in my library I am still at 97% memory available.  So there is room for a whole lot more.
I am ready to head out now. Right now.
I wondered whether it's me or the Nook that is fully charged.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT