Saturday, March 19, 2011

Least expected

I just got back from an all day excursion.  What a wonderful time!  I hadn't expected a late lunch to turn into a truly wonderful afternoon but it did.  They say when you least expect it...
Well, it proved true today.  I spent the entire afternoon with Sonny and Selma.  Their wedding is planned for April 29th and after lunch we decided we needed a little walk.  What better place to do that than one of my favorite open air shopping areas.  It is where I sometimes go on a Saturday afternoon to check the latest items at all the best fashion boutiques.  It turns out we did a little more.  Sonny and Selma picked out their wedding bands.  They had it on their list of things to get done but not planned on actually doing it today.
Now, you tell me.  I've never been really big on jewelry but I can certainly appreciate it and how it looks on someone else.  These look so good  I cannot even begin to talk about how great they look.   Sonny's band is actually white gold like Selma's.  You can blame my snapshot on the color difference.  Aren't these something?!
We spent the rest of the afternoon in different shops.  I looked around one of my most frequented places but nothing spoke to me there.  We stopped at a few more and it wasn't until I was browsing yet another that I found the one thing that not only spoke to me but yelled out.  It was on a hanger too high for me to reach and yet I managed to stretch up far enough to knock it down so I could try it on.
That was it.  Once I had it on I knew it was coming home with me.  It may not be white gold.  It isn't even real leather.  But the feel of it is and the look is hard to tell it isn't real...but the cut and fit was all me.
I hesitated a bit but I knew.
Dusty pink, short cropped, faux leather, zippered Guess jacket.
They say when you least expect it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT