Saturday, January 1, 2011

Not just luck

1.1.11 has arrived.  It feels good.  It feels positive.  It feels right.

We rang in the New Year with a traditional glass of champagne after waiting out the ticking of the clock toward midnight.  We did it simply.  We sat together around the kitchen table.  We listened to some music, we talked about nothing in particular, and we laughed at almost everything.  It felt good.  It felt positive.  It felt right.

We ended 2010 looking forward to 2011.   I am very much looking forward to 2011 and today it starts.  I am making my motto for this year to commit to the work.  That doesn't seem so positive at first glance.  Eugh.  Work.  No.

But yes.  Let me fill in the rest of the motto.

My motto for this year is to commit to the work in the fun things I do and I will be able to go through any finish line I wish to cross.
 
That's it.  It isn't just about running.  It's about any thing I really want to do.  I can say and talk about lots of things I like to do but, for me, unless I commit to work at those things I will never really take them and me where I would like to go with them.  And I feel good and positive about committing to the work that I need to do this year to take my likes further.  I think it will be fun.  I know it will be work.  I know it will be right.

But, just in case, I started out 1.1.11 with another tradition.  This one isn't so much work as it is luck but it wouldn't be a new year without it.
Lunch is served...

Happy New Year!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT