Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good run

No.  No, Once upon a time today.  Almost.  I thought about it and even scribbled a bit on it but no.  Aren't you glad?
I got myself to the gym yesterday afternoon and was able to get in a good five miles.  I would have been happy with three or four but five was an added bonus.  I had skipped the day before from having worked later than usual and felt tired.  It was also darkly cloudy and had been threatening rain most of the day.  Of course that made it feel colder than the true temperature and I let the combination seep it's way through me the way it can.  Always in a bad way.
I had run Monday but it was a split workout.  I had gotten 3/4 of a mile into a run on the treadmill when my cell rang.  It was a pleasant call from Sonny and after explaining no, I had not bought a treadmill.  Yes, I was at the gym and using theirs...we hung up and I finished off another 2.25 miles.
So I'm working at it.  I was glad to see I had gotten in five miles yesterday.  There is a race I had considered traveling to on Saturday but I was nixed on that one. It was too far away and too soon after holidays...lots of good reasons.  The thought that kept going through my head was if I could still run the 6.2 miles of that race after all my lagging and lazy off times. Yesterday kind of reinforced that I could.
So hopefully, it will be the gym again today even if it's three or four miles.  I am already looking forward to it.
Yes, I am.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT