Friday, January 14, 2011

No plans

Here it is a Friday after a long week and I realized (ding!) that it will be a three-day weekend.  Somehow that puts a spring into my step.  Okay, well, maybe not springing steps but when I had forgotten about the fact that I will get an extra day off and now am just realizing it can certainly help turn the attitude just a smidgen toward the positive.  But just a smidgen.  I am controlling that barometer of mine to keep a more steady line and not spike and fall as much.  I mean, come on, let's not get carried away.
But ahh, yes.  I can use an extra day about now.  Couldn't everyone? 
I am already thinking about things to do.  It isn't like I have an big list of things but the ideas can float through my head and whether or not any of them actually materialize will be up to me.  It's wonderful when you have the time and choice to do that.  It doesn't get enough good press.  I mean the fact that I don't have plans but could make them or not as I choose sounds perfect to me.  I know of others that can almost panic when every minute isn't structured into some planned and scheduled activity.  It reminds me of being asked at the end of the week, "big plans for the weekend?"  I will usually stare blankly and have to admit, "no," like I'm inferior since I don't have my dance card filled.  Luckily, it never really made a never-mind to me.  I actually would enjoy watching the expressions that would cross their faces as they tried to come up with the next thing to say.  I think I stumped more than a few questioners.  It certainly would start my weekend right.  Then I would grin and leave them to figure it out for themselves.
So big plans for the three day weekend?  "no."  I only just got the gift of remembering I had one!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT