Sunday, January 9, 2011

Selfish habit

It is still dark outside on this early Sunday morning and I didn't make much coffee.  I have the last of all my laundry tumbling noisily in the dryer and I am working with only the beam of my desk lamp spotlighting my laptop screen.  It's a neat way to start up the day.
I will probably want more coffee but it was intentional that I didn't make an overly amount this morning.  I am planning on getting myself to the gym nice and early and the lack of coffee will help push me out the door once there is some light outside.
I know you don't really need a run down of what is going on with me but it isn't really about me spilling everything that comes along in my day to day.  I have really become very selfish about this space right here.  This blog and these posts.  It isn't about giving anybody a run down of me or anything else, but it is a way for me to puts words into sentences.  I am thinking only of myself when I sit here and try to smudge the page with a recollection or description of something that might have happened.  I can't always come up with interesting topics so sometimes I rely on everyday instances.  Like how this room is still and dark except for a single light and the only sound in the house is the tumbling of clothes in a dryer.
I wonder if you can picture it the way I am experiencing it here, right now.  I keep practicing by bringing up these images and smudging the page about nothing in particular.
Such a selfish habit.
TT
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT