Saturday, September 4, 2010

Great day

I was on my way for a little retail therapy.  Why not?  It had been a busy week at work and now it was the first afternoon of a three day weekend.  I deserved a little browsing of the nifty boutiques to see what change of season buys I might find.  I was up for the challenge and really looking forward to it.
On my way, I had the top down on my convertable two-seater and was at a stop light enjoying the sunshine as Skillet rocked out on the Sirius radio.  That's when I heard a voice float over to me.  I reflexively turned toward it as the man in the car beside me said, "Great day, isn't it."
I couldn't deny it and since I was now looking directly at him I replied, "Yes, it is."
He continued.  "You look like you are really enjoying it in that car."
Well, now, I really cannot argue with that.  Yes, I always enjoy my car.  "I am.  I've had it for three years."
"It sure looks nice."
"Thanks.  You aren't doing too shabby for yourself."
That's when he gave a slow grin and the light changed so we could move on. 
He really wasn't doing so shabby at all.  He was driving a beautiful copper-bronze corvette with the windows down and the sun roof open.
It's been a while since I've had to field conversations while waiting at a light in my car.  I think maybe it was because of how gorgeous the day turned out to be.  Whatever the reason it didn't hurt anything and didn't stop me from making numerous purchases that took me away for several hours this afternoon.  All tabulations were made when I arrived back at home and I believe I scored the following:
  • 2 pair jeans (one skinny, one outrageously great fitting and comfortable)
  • 2 casual tops
  • 1 dressy top
  • 1 casual dress
  • 1 pair 4 inch gladiator heels (good with skinny jeans or dress)
  • 1 middle sized bag (large enough to hold my acer)
Great car, great buys, great day.  One down, two to go.  Car conversations optional.
TT

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not shabby! thats an understatement. You look terrific!

Chetta said...

Why thanks! whoever you are.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT