Friday, January 7, 2011

For fun

Okay, quick.  Think of something, funny, easy, witty, and light to talk about.  I have to admit that has been in my thoughts lately.  It's been in my thoughts but somehow I can't seem to come up with the funny, easy, witty and light topic to talk about.  It's there somewhere.  I know it is but it hasn't been able to surface for some reason and I might be at the point when I am trying too hard and it won't happen.
I can't make a topic with those four things by bulldozing over them.  I can't force light and easy.  It becomes pissed and pushed.  Like, "hey stop...what did we do to you?!?"  That's not exactly what I am going for.  I think funny and witty almost have to be spontaneous if it's going to be real enough to translate.  If I try to coerce something into being funny and witty I end up with blank stares and raised eyebrows.  Like, "oh (titter, hehe) cute."
And yet I keep trying.  I will leave the spot here for all the sentences I deleted....(Place excuses here ___________________________________________________________________).

And yet I keep trying and eventually it will come to me when I least expect it.  I just have to stay on the look-out for the misplaced salt shaker or the unusual parking or the just slightly askewed something that briefly catches my eye and puts a grin on my face.
I'll keep watching for those types of funny, easy, witty, and light things today.  You might try it, too.  Just for fun.
TT

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT