Friday, December 31, 2010

Dec 31, 1955

Yes.  Today is my birthday.  I am 55 years old today.  Born in 1955 and 55 today.  I had found other references to fives a short while ago but I can't remember them now.  It must be my advanced age.
I think they say as you get older your memory starts to go but I can't really recall if that is accurate.  They say a lot of things are supposed to happen as you get older that aren't necessarily positive.  They say when you hit 30 or 40 or 50 (I can't remember which) you gain weight and it's harder to lose.  Funny.  I lost weight in my fifties and am the best weight of my entire life.  I don't remember it being particularly hard to do.
They also say that there are things you can't do anymore or are taking chances if you push yourself physically at my age.  I think that is what they say, I don't recollect exactly.  Funny.  I ran a half marathon this year.  I would like to keep training to see if I am able to run the full marathon next year.  I'll have to keep that in mind if I am able.
They say older people are more prone to illness.  I may be jinxing myself but I can't remember the last time I had a cold, or flu or cough.  I haven't been ill in a long time unless you count the anemia I had over a year ago.  Or maybe I just don't remember being sick.  They say it's possible, right?  That being as old as I am it may just be dementia...if I could only remember what that is.
Actually, I do recall, recollect, and remember all of these things pretty well for someone my age.  If only I could remember who they are.
Oh, and yes, I always wait for the very last possible day of the year for my birthday.  I wait until New Years Eve when everyone is in a party mood and there is always something to do if I choose. 
It is also much easier to remember.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT