Thursday, December 10, 2009

Shake it up

I want to get back into my routines again. Don't get me wrong, I am never very far from my routines. I seem to fare better when I keep things in regular order. I do understand that things are never quite in order all the time and that is a good thing. I’ve been known to shake things up when they get to even keel and my methods aren’t always the best – for others usually – me?…I kind of enjoy it.
But I think lately I have gotten way too good at recovering. I am going to use that as my excuse. First of all, I have to explain I never knew how to recover in the first place but had to figure it out pretty quickly the past (gosh)! three weeks. I pushed a little too hard, too soon, and I believe slowed my own healing progress. It wasn’t a good notion to discover that I was holding myself back. So I slowed down. I tried to relax. I didn’t do much more than…well; I didn’t do much of anything. I was able to read again. No, READ again. Reading by my old standards, like four books in six days, then open another and keep going. And I have kept going.
I am now wanting to (and feeling good enough) to fit the other things in that I put aside. But I still only have the same amount of time and blast! It’s friggin’ cold, too now! I do not tolerate cold well at all. You can always check that out here.  http://tessatoday.blogspot.com/2009/10/heating-system-required.html
I’ve sidetracked again, haven’t I? See what happens when I “recover” too long. A little bit of momentum has been lost, but I am hoping it won’t take too long to get back in the groove. I’m hoping. It will be harder to fit things in the way I like and I will need to figure that part out. Now I don’t want to stop reading to have time to write and I don’t want to stop writing to find time to run and I don’t want to have to run in the freezing friggin’ weather but I don’t want to miss too many workouts. So I’ll need to figure it out.
Things don’t just happen and maybe my methods aren’t always the best but I think it’s time for me to shake things up again.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT