Saturday, December 19, 2009

Wish

It all starts with a wish.
I will find my mind wandering on an especially busy day. You know the kind of day I am referring to. The day where there are too many things going on at once, deadlines, and you’ve managed to have worked through a majority of it. You are sitting still at your desk and jolt yourself back to the present like you’ve just awaken from some dream. I don’t always jolt but slowly come back from the quiet place I had gone off to.
It sounds crazier than it is but I know it doesn’t just happen to me.
If I stop and give that instance the attention it deserves, it sometimes is just as important as all the work surrounding me. That fleeting thought that calmed me in the middle of chaos might be something more if I don’t wave it away to forget about it until later, then forgotten completely.
What was it that could still me? I think it might be a wish.
It might be a thought of something that holds more interest or seems better than the immediate task at hand. More often than not I will tuck these thoughts away since they aren’t always achievable right away. But the importance gives me a gateway into future possibilities.
But wishes are only a beginning.
When I do think about them again they become more. That unachievable fleeting thought of something different becomes an extremely slight possibility. It is surprising how many times it can get pushed down only to spring back to mind again. When that happens, and I start to realize it might be something I want to do, even taking the tiniest of steps…I realize it isn’t a wish anymore. Only then can I decide if I am going to take it any further.
But it all starts with a wish.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT