Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Forwarded link

Jay sent one of my posts to Hershey. I came home yesterday and I had an email from him saying that he had forwarded my post Sweets to Hershey. I had sent him the link to that particular post because we had been talking about desserts or something. I don't even really remember what we were talking about except that the timing for me to get him to read a post seemed perfect. I sent it and he actually read it. He mentioned it later that same night and thought it sounded like a commercial for the candy. He asked me to re-send him the link for that specific post. I sent it to him but that was days ago. He had also said the same kind of thing about my post Room for cream which was about coffee. He thought I should send it to Starbucks. I guess he thinks I might have another career in marketing. I could write commercials or something.
I don't think that is so bad. I don't think I would mind doing something like that but then I have to think. I am thinking he likes these posts because he thinks I might be able to make some money from it. I don't think so. I mean I don't think that’s going to happen. I can be realistic and I cannot imagine me making any money from these posts.
I can't imagine what the person at Hershey will think (if they even bother to go as far as opening the email)!
So I wrote an email back to Jay that said...You've got to be kidding me. I hope you spelled Hershey's right because you didn't in your note to me!
But hey…maybe I should just take the compliment? It was a compliment, right? I guess he liked what I wrote enough to send it off, right? It's kind of nice that he would bother to send it anywhere, right? Maybe he wants to represent me or something?  Okay, I am a little embarrassed about the whole thing.
I don’t know. Geez.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT