Friday, December 11, 2009

Time to bake

It is time to start looking at what I need to bake! It may be past time. I am making a list of ingredients as we speak - or as I speak. Okay, I have the recipes right here and I need to take a look at what I need to prepare them. I am hoping I will get to the store so I can get the necessary foodstuff to stay home and get baking (tomorrow not today-still need to go to work). I might be keeping myself busy this weekend - but distract me, please.
Sonny's birthday is December 14th and I have rule that the tree goes up whatever weekend falls before his birthday... (Me and my rules - I know). That would be this weekend. So I will be dragging out all the stuff to get that done. But I know I need to start baking since Sonny will also be having his housewarming party on Saturday. He just bought a new house and is combining his birthday with the housewarming. It will be the first time I won't be making some special dinner for him, or cake. In fact, he asked specifically if I could bake him some chocolate chip cookies and chocolate biscotti. I asked, "No cake?" "No, the cookies will be good."
So I know I need some hazelnuts for the biscotti, I am really low on basics...flour, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla. Yes, another list but I will have it completed and hit the store after work so I can start tonight/early tomorrow? You know those biscotti's have to be baked twice and it's a different temperature than the chocolate chips. Then I wanted to really start baking but now I see I don't think I have enough tins...or someone will end up with a small batch due to the sizes, and I haven't left myself enough shipping time!
I need to put this energy into the kitchen. So the laptop will go mobile and keep me company with a good Pandora station turned up high so I can hear over the kitchen aid mixmaster.
Maybe you’ll get a picture of some finished product.  Maybe, I still need to get through today at work where we are having our 5th Annual Department Bake-off.  Since I have done this year after year I am the one that manages most of the running of the event...which almost means all day.  And I have so much to do already!
Did I say something about energy?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT