Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bright promise

It was very cold this morning. I stayed in bed an extra amount of time. I wasn’t sleeping but I didn’t want to crawl out of the warmth of the bed until I thought I might have some plan developed for the day. I knew there was a big promise of lots of sunshine and the temperature would be drastically warmer.
I have a lot of things I would like to get done.
It is December 20th and, no, I haven’t done any shopping. I haven’t done any baking. I haven’t figured out what the menu might be for the eve or the day. It’s going to happen in a few days and I am not taking any days off so it’s a situation that could turn very frantic and frenzied.
But I’m not frantic and frenzied. I would have been and have been before. But I don't feel that so much this time. I am honestly not worried about the meals. Whatever comes up and is decided will be something I enjoy so much it doesn’t frazzle me.
The shopping will be a push into crowds but since I know that, it has changed how I am approaching it. I know it will be crowded but I will be the one smiling at all the groaning hordes making them wonder what’s wrong with me or make them give a second thought to why they are there in the first place.
Baking will happen when I start and hopefully the shipped packages will be appreciated as much after the actual dates as they would be on or before. Who doesn’t like getting something after they have a chance to catch their breath with all the frantic and frenzy they have put themselves through? I’m hoping, anyway.
How’s that for golden positivity? No, I’m not being sarcastic this time. I just finally can’t shake the healthy feeling of not really having anything to worry about.
It’s a cold morning with promise of sunshine. I have some things to do today and my thoughts are way ahead of that promise.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT