Monday, December 7, 2009

Music


I cannot be far from my music.  My music, your music, their music...I want to hear it all.  Yes, all.  I listen to a pretty wide range I think.  I took piano lessons a million years ago.  I have the actual piano I learned on growing up.  I don't play anymore but what I learned about reading music will never go away.  I recognize instruments in songs I hear...did you hear that cello?!?  It surprised me when I realized one day that not all others hear it.  Oh!  

I was the one that had to be told to stop singing at the table...or in the car.  I drive alone now so no one tells me anymore.  I wish I could play some songs for you that I find amusing.  I can't...so I thought...what if I scribble down some lyrics I like?  So I did...

The sky looks pissed. The wind talks back….Ingrid Michaelson
Answer my prayer and answer the phone….Melissa Etheridge
And every shadow filled up with doubt….Jace Everett
I don’t even like the same music you do. I just want to have my wicked way with you….Benjamin Taylor
I know it’s like I’m bitter, I don’t give a sh*! I hope you’re really happy and you choke on it….Tantric
Yesterday I woke up sucking on lemon….Radiohead
Don’t try to fix me, I’m not broken….Evanescence
Now I’m not a saint and I’m not a sinner, but everthings cool as long as I’m getting thinner….Lily Allen
Oh, let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France….Ingrid Michaelson
I used to worry about rich and skinny ‘till I wound up poor and fat….Delbert McClinton
I was trying far too hard to be what I felt I should be….KT Tunstall
I’ve seen too much, I know too much, I hurt too much, I feel too much, I drank too much, I dream too much, I’m caught up with the ghost of my machine….Annie Lennox
I am a lady from Mars and I can unscrew stars. I can be anything that I see….Ingrid Michaelson
How on earth could I be any more obvious? ….Lily Allen
‘Cause I’ve been wishing so hard. Tell me that you relate….Tantric
Birds fly over the rainbow, why then oh why can’t I?....Judy Garland

 It's just a sampling of what ended up on the page after I scribbled random lines down then re-arranged them.  It's what I hear when I listen to my music, your music, their music.
 I want to hear it all.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT