Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years Eve 54

It is my birthday today.
There are many benefits to having your birthday on the last day of the year. It started the first year I was born although the benefit that year belonged to my parents. Granted, they had to miss a party but they got a tax deduction that year now, didn’t they?
I have proven reasons why the last day of the year is a great day for a birthday. I have found it’s the perfect day.
Think about it.
• Most of the stress of the holidays has already dissipated and there is still a feeling of celebration.
• If someone is going after-the-holiday shopping they can usually pick up my gift at a discount.
• Everyone is in a good mood that day.
• There is never any reason to stay home and feel sorry for myself because there is always a party to go to or a reason to throw one.
• I don’t get older until the very last possible day.
I have never really been all that worried about that last one but it is accurate.

The last day of the year also seems to work well for me since I have a tendency to take stock in what I have done and what I need to do. It is exactly what I have been doing the last few days. It is perfect timing for me since all new things can start to happen the next day…the day after my birthday which is always the first day of a New Year.
It adds a certain flow to which way I should be thinking. It is about those directions I want to be heading in that I mentioned a few days ago.
There are more things I would like to do this coming year that I have not mentioned and probably don’t need to. I have given it all a lot of thought like I knew I would and will continue to.
It’s that clean slate. It’s the start here. Pass go, collect $200 and start building houses where I always pictured them to be. I am the only one that can put that game in motion and work for it to happen.
It’s not just my birthday.  It is the perfect day.
TT

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR DAY! XOXO NG

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT