Thursday, December 3, 2009

Books

How do I start taking about something I just cannot live without.  I am lucky there is never a possiblity that I will have to do that.  I will never be without a book.  I am always with a book.  I always have a book with me wherever I am.  I read as much as I can because I enjoy it that much.  If there is any time I need to wait I pull out my book.  In the line at the bank, pull out my book.  Sitting at lunch, pull out my book.  Any free moment I have to spare, pull out my book.  Even books I end up not necessarily liking so much, I am still glad to have read them.  Well...as much as you can be glad about reading a not-so-good book.  There have been times I have wanted to throw them out the window because I wasn't enjoying them so well.  But I didn't and always finished them with the thought that maybe they would redeem themselves.  Sometimes that happens.  Sometimes I will not be liking a book 3/4 of the way through and the last 1/4 will have something to absolutely change my mind about it.  It has happened!  Someone asked me how much I read?  I didn't know, so for the year of 2008 I kept a list of all the books I read.  I ended the year with a total of 99 books.  I could have read the even 100.  I had a friend that kept insisting I read one more, that I had the time.  I did have the time but liked 99.  It seemed a good number that year. 
So the top picture are shelves I could pick from.  The middle are books I have recently read and I will probably relinquish.  I don't keep books, but pass them on or sell them back.  The last picture are books I make the exception for and will always keep. 
Oh, the black binders are my words.  The more filled, bottom binder is the story I started, then stopped.  The one on top I am working on now. 
Those stay on the keep shelf too. Maybe they will be a complete book one day.
TT  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT