Monday, December 28, 2009

Goal pondering

I have been thinking about directions I want to be heading in the coming year. I don’t believe these directions are any further off than they have been before. I think these are the same things I have been trying to accomplish for at least the last few years.
What I have discovered when thinking about these things is that I achieve some form of the goal each time. I could say that last year I wanted to run a 10K and thought October would be a realistic goal to achieve it. The fact was I found a really nice 10K and completed it in March. My trouble was I didn’t continue to train or even run consistently. I ran my 10K in March 2009 and didn’t really ever get back into running the way I really had hoped throughout the year.
I missed the benefit of what I was really trying to accomplish by thinking too hard about achieving it and once I did, I didn’t re-set my goal.
Okay, maybe I tried slightly to re-adjust but there was a lot of life happening the first part of the year. I was unaware that my anemia had crept back and my iron levels were very low.  Stress was abounding at work with layoffs the company I work for had never had to deal with before. It obviously took a harder toll on me than I thought but the evidence shows me different. I missed 8 posts out of a total of 11 for the entire year the month of June, when the second wave of layoffs happened.
But no excuses. I won’t look back except to see what can be used to move forward.
I am thinking about my direction this coming year.
It’s a lot to think about.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT