Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Good start

I finally got myself out for an early run this morning.  I ran twice last week on Sunday and Monday and here it is Tuesday before I've run again.  All in the past now, no going back.
I took my phone by any other name and set my alarm last night.  I didn't just set my regular alarm but I set up a second alarm (on the same phone by any other name) for a half hour earlier.  I figured this way I would get up on the first alarm and get out the door by the time the second alarm was going off.  This would actually give me a good twenty minute head start for the past times I have gone out to run before work and I would hopefully not feel as rushed.
It seemed to work, except I dawdled quite a bit with that extra time.  I wasn't quite out the door at the time the second alarm went off and I probably only saved 10 minutes instead of 20.  But I have to say it's a start.  Ten minutes this early in the morning is a bunch of time...(enough to run another mile or so).
So I am feeling pretty good.  Short run done for the day.  Ready to go to work and even a few minutes to spare to write.  Sounds like a good start to the day!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT