Friday, June 17, 2011

Mail service

I checked the shipment for the item I had ordered last Friday after lunch.  It looks like it will stay within their delivery schedule although they will take it to the very last day.  When I went to check on it this morning this is what I saw:
Shipment 1 of 1
Shipped
Delivery Estimate: June 18, 2011
That means it will (or should) arrive tomorrow around noon.  That is when my friendly mailman will deposit it in the official receptacle I have at the end of my driveway.  Actually, I don't even know if my mailman (or woman) is friendly.  I don't think I have ever seen or spoken to him (her).  I would hope that would be the case - that they were friendly.  I would think that would be the case since they are delivering items that have been ordered over a week ago, that are being anticipated and tracked and are finally arriving at their destinations.
Or maybe they aren't that friendly.  I know it must not be the most pleasant or easiest way to spend your day.  I can't even imagine what all the sorting of items must be like.  I know a cross street in my neighborhood has the exact same house number as mine.  And it's a 5 digit house number so there were plenty of other variations that could have been used and yet the only difference in the address is the actual street name.  Who knows what mail they might be getting that belongs to me?  It wouldn't make for a friendly situation.  Especially if they were to receive my shipment tomorrow around noontime instead of me!
But let's not think they are going to do that.  Or more accurately - I won't think that will happen.  I should be getting my shipment tomorrow, without a hitch, and if at all possible I will wave and smile at my friendly mailman (or woman).
There - I feel better already.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT