Thursday, June 9, 2011

Which one

I finished reading another book today during lunch.  I have a few that I haven't read yet ready and downloaded so I am not caught without a book to read but it was almost time for me to go back to my desk so I didn't actually start a new one yet.  I took the few minutes I had left at lunch and thought about what I wanted to read next.
I thought my first choice would be to re-connect with Kinsey Millhone.  It seems like it's been a good while since I've caught up with her and have been wondering what has been going on.  I'd also like to see what Jack Reacher might have in store.  I even thought about Tessa Gray.  I've only had the pleasure of one encounter with her but it's been a while since that happened. 
They are all fictional characters from different books, you know.  Sue Grafton created Kinsey Millhone in her alphabet series.  Unfortunately, I will need to wait until 11/21/11 to read Kinsey's next adventure in V is for Vengeance.  Drat!  Lee Child is the author behind Jack Reacher.  He usually has a while between novels but I will need to wait on The Affair until 9/27/11.  Crud!  Cassandra Clare came up with the Tessa Gray and it's the longest wait of 12/6/11 for Clockwork Prince.  Just terrific!
I thought about Eve Dallas but I just read about her latest homicide case in February.  There isn't a single glimpse for anything on the horizon for Patrick Kenzie and Angie Gennaro or for Elvis Cole although I could catch up on Joe Pike since Robert Crais released The Sentry on 1/11/11.  I'm not sure if Dennis Lehane has anything in store for Kenzie and Gennaro.  I guess I could catch up where I have fallen behind on Lucas Davenport since John Sanford has had two updates come out recently on 5/26/10, Storm Prey and Buried Prey on 5/10/11.
So many options and yet what do I feel like reading?
I could always wait until tomorrow to see what Free Friday might offer.  Nah!  Why wait.  Getting something now won't stop me if I see something tomorrow.  There is no such thing as too many books.  Only which one first?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT