Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Situation

I would be out running right now except at 3:00 am it started raining.  Hard.  I heard it and was happy.  I thought this is great!   We are currently in stage two draught condition since it hasn't rained in so long and we need it.  There was only a 30% chance of rain and yet it was raining!  I figured it would rain and be over by the time I got up this morning to run.
Alarm number #1 went off and it was still raining.  I slowly got up, put on some coffee and opened the back door.  I thought maybe it was possibly just dripping off the eaves of the roof but that wasn't it.  It was still raining.  Steadily.  Thoughts of how I could wrap my cell phone and iPod (I was going to use my new one the first time)! and sensor in plastic to keep them dry. That is when alarm # 2 went off and those thought were dashed when I saw lightning.  Ah good...but ah no.  Good we are having this rain...so good, but no running in lightning.  Not a good idea.  So, guess what...I packed my gym bag and if I have to, I will hit the dread/treadmill at the gym after work today to get a few miles in.  We need the rain.  I have been needing to run.  And it's so early this morning I can have another cup of coffee and write for a while.
Is this a win, win, win situation?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT