Monday, June 27, 2011

Home Alone

"Don't you want to stay a few more days?"
I was on the phone with Jay this morning when I asked him that.  He was out-of-town at a vendor's market and had pretty much wrapped up all the business he had expected he would do.  He had done very well and would return the next day.  But I had ulterior motives for asking if he wanted to stay away even longer.
I have been enjoying myself being home alone.  I admit it.  There is no doubt in my mind that this works for me.  I could get used to it very easily.  I went to bed last night and slept right through the night until the alarm went off.  I can't say whether it was because Jay wasn't there to wake me with his snoring or not.  I know - cheap shot - but he claims I actually bounce off the mattress when I toss and turn during sleep (there - that should make us even).
So I slept well and had no qualms about getting up at 4:30am to go out and have a run.  It's not well received that I go out that early in pitch darkness but I didn't have to think about it.  As I got out of bed I also realized I could turn on the light - I wouldn't be bothering anyone still sleeping!  I usually leave it off and dress in the closet.  And I could make the bed!  I usually make it up after coming home from work.  (And yes - why make it up so late in the day when I will getting back into it so soon?  Because I can't seem to get into an unmade bed.  It would be like me trying to cook before the kitchen was cleaned up.  I can't seem to do that either).  But then speaking of the kitchen, it was just as clean and tidy this morning as I had left it the night before!  The whole house was just as I had left it the night before!  
It sounds like I'm complaining about the ways things usually are around here but I'm really not.  I am just enjoying the way things have gone the past few days.  I really am!  It's a positive thing, right?  I am having no problem being home alone.
But I can only enjoy it one more day.
Jay didn't want to stay longer.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT