Friday, June 10, 2011

Appropriate time

Did you know that black clouds that hover over you on a Friday morning can dissipate right around quitting time?  I am not sure why I was having such a rotten morning.  It was the end of the week, it was Friday but I was strangely off my mark.  Instead of being upbeat, positive, looking forward to the weekend after having accomplished so much during the past few days I was not.  I was not positive and upbeat.  I felt like I needed a drink.  Not to get through the day.  To heck with the day.  I just wanted to sit and have a martini.
The problem with that feeling was that is was only 9:30 am.  Not a good time to go and have a drink.  So I hung in there and was prompted by e-mails that helped keep my mind away from the dark clouds.  I went home for lunch to drive in my nifty car with the top down to improve my mood.  I came back to work with only a minimal amount of time left on the clock and managed to get through it.
So now it is Friday evening and even if there are traces of what is left of a black cloud I can't be worried about it right now.  It is now an appropriate time to go out and have that martini...6:18pm.  Yes.  I think so.
Dry Vodka Martini, please.  Just a little dirty.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT