Thursday, June 16, 2011

Break the rules?

I know, I know...I know my own rules.  Once a post is published I cannot go back and edit again.  It's my whole tool idea that I can't spend my life editing one piece or I will never move forward.  That is the reason I started this silly ole' blog...to keep myself from spending months on one small piece.
But I am soooo itching to get my hands back on that last scenario!  It is sooo a first draft!  I left so many different paths open for possibilities, I left visuals so incomplete, I, I, I could tighten it up so much better, I....
I can't.  I could but I'm not supposed to.  What I posted in Scenario: The photo was a one time sitting, write it down, give it a quick check and done.  That is the exercise.  That is the whole idea of impromptu, I guess.  Here...quick...this is the idea...what have you got?  And that's what I had at the moment and wrote it up.  Now I am wanting to go back...and now that I have that first draft I have something more to work on and build upon.  I can see where I need to put things, build on things, even edit things, smooth things out, change wording, make clearer, flow better.

Tools are such wonderful things.  I have to remember that when they are used consistently you come to learn when they need sharpening.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT