Monday, June 13, 2011

Calendar numbers

I was paying too much attention to the numbers on my calendar.  Or I had let my mind wander and I noticed insignificant data that was printed on it.  I am not sure if anyone uses this information or not but it caught my eye and of course I applied it to myself.  I mean what other reason could they have put that information there unless it was something I was supposed to use for one thing or another?
It said June 14, 2011 was the 165th day of this year and that there are 200 days left to 2011.  That's not quite half a year gone.  Half of the year would be 182.5 days left.. and that would put us somewhere about noon on 7/2/11 (noon because of the half, of course, or would that be midnight?).
Still...what was I to do with this information?
Stats, of course, and how they apply here.
Including this one, I will have 171 posts for this year so far.  That means I am on track for one post each day of this year with a small cushion if I fail to write.  Not too bad, I guess.  It seems I have been averaging 32 posts a month and yes that is more days than is in the month but I only have 29 in April (slacker) but I have 32 in February which everyone knows has less days even if it was a leap year, which it wasn't - not this year anyway.  It still gives me a small cushion - not that I was thinking about using it.  But I might and I always like to have something in savings.
I also have a total of...okay hold on...it surprised me too...717 total posts since the time I started on 4/11/09.  09?  Yes.  That long ago.  What a fiend.  What am I doing...?
Like I said.  I was paying too much attention to the numbers on my calendar.
Who looks at that stuff?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT