Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pages revisited

I was randomly reading some old posts and came across one from over a year ago where I was talking about my book, my fiction.  I had been researching word counts to see how many words translated into paperback pages.  I had been thinking about the same thing not too long ago (really) and it seemed perfectly natural that I would (of course) find that particular post where I had done that already.  It doesn't particularly make me feel good that I haven't completed this fiction book of mine but I will not go into the interrogation room about that with myself right now.  (Aren't you relieved).
What I found interesting was that I actually went out and captured a visual of what page it would look like I was on with my writing back then.  (The upper portions of the pages is the demonstration of how much I had written.)  The first is the original photo from that post (with the old text on my header).  But I also took another photo today (with that original picture in the background) of where I am today and what page that would look like.
It almost looks like I flipped the same book over (I didn't - by the same calculation from the original post - that is where I would be).
I had only just begun writing (or so it seems) in the first photo and the current photo below looks like I should hurry up and finish.  Which I should. 
The original post was called Pages from June 8, 2010.
 









Oh course, the visual just wouldn't be the same if this was on an eBook.  Right.
Maybe it would be better if I stopped distracting myself with visuals and got down to writing instead.
Right.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT