Sunday, April 10, 2011

Yard work

It's late.  I'm tired.  Okay, 5:05pm isn't that late but then I've been busy.  I can't even say I got everything I wanted to get done but I did manage to finish a piece of a labor intensive job.  A piece is key here. 
I forego'd my morning run this morning to rake the front yard.  Yes, rake.  You see two Sunday's ago I tilled the entire front yard.  You see, my entire front yard had died.  It was brown, dry and full of weeds.  There wasn't any grass left to salvage and the few weeds weren't even healthy.  So I ground it all up.  After two weeks since tilling it and when I started up this morning it looked like this...
Good thing I don't have a large front lawn...Thank goodness I didn't have to do the back!  (It's huge!) 
So instead of running this morning I took advantage of that time and raked the lawn.  After about 50 minutes it looked like this...

Okay...not bad.  It does look a little better, doesn't it?  Now that I am looking at the picture I am wondering why my storm door is open.  Oh...nevermind...that's just me being distracted.  I told you I was tired.
I took a break.  Showered, went to breakfast with Jay, picked up some edging and mulch, came back, cleaned the kitchen, put on some fresh beans and didn't think I would do any more yard work.  But we did.
Jay helped put in some edging and then I put down the mulch and now the smaller part of the lawn looks like this...


I got a small portion of a larger job done.  Jay says he will call to find out about the grass and he might even have them deliver and lay it out.  That would mean I am about done.  It's going to look so much better.  Part of it already does.
I forego'd my run this morning but I'm tired.  I think I still got a workout.  I think I might grab that bottle of white wine I have in the fridge and do some ironing while watching a cooking show.  What?  It's not that late...it's only 5:05pm in the afternoon!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT