Monday, April 18, 2011

One thing or another

The grass is in and the A/C is down.  Of course.  Isn't that the way these things work?  You spend money on something and then an unexpected expense comes along.  It isn't that bad.  It is more the inconvenience than the money.  The lack of air conditioning doesn't bother me as much as having to deal with a repair man tomorrow afternoon...directly after work, but well, that's the way it goes.  Hopefully, by this same time tomorrow I know the grass will still be in and the A/C might be working.  It might just work out that way. 
With all the activities that I have had going on with Sonny and Selma's wedding coming up at the end of this month I finally made a to-do list.  I wasn't remembering things the way I should and it was the best way not to forget something.  I managed to work a ways down on my list of things that I needed to do.  The total on the list was fourteen and I have completed and crossed off seven.  Half isn't bad.  Especially since the half that is done is the more important half of the list.  So that is a good thing.
There is something that I forgot to put on the list that I haven't gotten done yet.  You wouldn't think it would be something I hadn't thought about yet.  It is usually something that would be at the top of my list, if I had put it on the list, since it would involve shopping.  I do so enjoy my time spent browsing and looking and finding a few nice things to wear.  You might have thought that would have been one of the first things I would have done without even needing to put it on a list.
I don't have a dress for the wedding.  Oh, yeah.  Since this event will take place out of town I have made reservations and arrangements to board the dog and five other things on the list.  But no dress.  I haven't shopped yet.  I can't do it tomorrow after work since I will be waiting on an A/C repairman.  I will need to get that done soon but then I have this weekend. 
If it's not one thing it's another.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT