Saturday, April 30, 2011

What time is it?

I am just barely creaking out of bed right now this Saturday morning.   This is so extremely late for me.  I am the early to bed, early riser around here but then I didn't get back to the room until after 1:15 last night.  It's been a very long time since I have been a party girl but party is what was in order last night with Sonny and Selma's wedding reception.
It started out quietly and slow.  We obviously arrived too early...like the time we were told and printed on the invitation we finally received.  Not many people had arrived and we waited a long time before guests actually started making their entrance.  I have noticed since coming back to my hometown that time seems to stand still here.  You can check your watch and hours later when you check it again only three minutes have past.  We must have brought a space rocket to travel in because we arrive at places two and three times the normal time it should take.  There must be a stop light at every corner and even with the traffic and terrible drivers we would manage to arrive at our destinations in nano seconds.  Dante and his lovely girlfriend arrived at the reception early, too.  They decided to make a quick trip to pick something up and it was a mere flash before they had returned and were waiting with us again.  I'm not sure why this happens.  The locals don't seem to notice.  I am no longer a local.  Well, they say you can never go home again...
But then the party started and went and kept building and going.  It was fun and happy and joyous and absolutely wonderful!  There couldn't have been a better celebration and reason to be festive and cheerful and in such good spirits.  It was hugs and smiles and glads.  It was all the good things I had been feeling from these two beautiful people dispersed at the entire crowd.  The joy and happiness they have created wound it's way into everyone there attending and filled us all up like our congratulatory glasses of champagne. 
Then we went out again since time doesn't work here the way it does anywhere else.  We managed to get another group of us squeezed into an overly packed nightclub with live music and then proceed to dance (some more).  It was great with Dante and family and then even Sonny and Selma.  Her sister was there and soon we were prompted to take ourselves home.  Jay had left the lights on in his car.  The younger taking care of the older.  So is that how it's gonna be.  But didn't we always take care of each other anyway?  I think we always have.
We are leaving the time-warped hometown this morning.  We should have been up and moving already but late nights and wonderful celebrations came first and into the early morning.  Something I am not accustomed to any more.  I fared very well, if I say so myself.  I have a chance to re-coup and re-cover.  Instead of the long drive home today we will be stopping half way to break up the trip.  We will stop for a few days.  Oh, yes.  Now that it is all done I am heading to my own personal paradise.  What better way to take the time to stop, relax and contemplate the hugs and smiles and glads. 
But what's this?!  It's late!  Somehow, now that I could use a little of that extra time, it seems to be catching up!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT