Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just practice

I am at one of those spots when I want to kick-start things I want to do but have a pending event that I am using to procrastinate. You know that feeling of, as soon as this is over I will be able to get started... It is also that same event that has taken much of my mind away from settling into my practice routine because I need to concentrate on the things that need to happen before this event.
So my mind is pre-occupied and since things will be unsettled for a while I am putting off getting started. 
That can be a slippery slope that could turn into never having the time, or waiting for the perfect time.  That is totally dangerous and much too easy to stay in that place of never having the time and fooling yourself that is okay.  It's not okay. 
I truly haven't wanted to write today (or yesterday).  What you get now is only practice since I will not stop the words even if they are uninspired.  Sometimes it just getting past the idea of I have no time or I don't really think I feel like it or it isn't any good.  When things are like this, it's best to try anyway.  That saying keeps going through my head that amateurs write when they are inspired...writers write anyway.
So this is just practice.  Practice makes perfect, practice makes permanent, practice makes practice.
It's my tool.  At least I keep trying to using it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT