Saturday, April 9, 2011

Won't wait

I am waiting for daylight.  Yesterday, I was waiting for the weekend.  I have a friend that is waiting to meet the perfect guy.  I have another that is waiting...until they have more money, until they lose some weight, until it's a nicer day.  I wonder.
I wouldn't be waiting for daylight if I hadn't gotten a scourging for running before daylight, in the dark.  I had absolutely no problems and no problems arose except when I made the mistake of mentioning it to others when they asked.  "You ran in the dark?"  "What were you wearing?  Did you have reflective gear?  Did you carry mace?  Are you crazy?"  "Yes, no, no, no, yes-probably but not about this."
So now I am waiting to appease others inexperience with the situation.  That is just this instance of waiting.  While I was waiting for the weekend I was actually very busy at work.  We all do our fair share of waiting.  I guess the frustration comes when it becomes all about the waiting and not the doing.  At least for me.  Why wait if something can be done now?  Even if that something isn't exactly what you are waiting for.  Like cramming a few words together while you blow off steam waiting for daylight when you would have already gone out to run.  What?  Did you think this was going to be something inspirational about waiting?  Sure, okay...but not now.  I've waited long enough.  It's light enough for me.
Gotta run.
TT    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT