Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A shift

There has been a shift in small things in the last day or two.  It probably isn't anything that would be too noticeable to anyone else but since I happen to be the top visitor to this blog (being I have to come here to write it) I noticed. 
It wasn't too long ago I added a widget to the bottom right hand corner that is available through blogger called Popular Posts.  Originally, I pulled it in to show the top five all time popular posts.  That would be translated into any particular posts that the most readers had clicked into (I guess).  At the beginning of April I changed it from the all time popular posts to the five most popular post this month.  It immediately adjusted the list.  It held steady with the same list most of the month so far until yesterday.  Then posts shifted.  I didn't know it would do that automatically.  (I don't know what exactly I thought it would do - maybe I just didn't think anybody actually clicked into ANY posts - I mean, who reads this anyway to click into anything.  I didn't actually think it would change).  SO...
Yes, what?  Oh, the widget.  It shifted yesterday. 
It seems I got some interest in the post iPod Review.  It was enough to displace Window Gazing completely off the list to put it at place five...but then this morning Home Again dropped from number one to number five, moving iPod Review to fourth and Unlax to the number one spot.  That also moved my original Rules of Writing to the number two spot.
I didn't realize when I added the widget it would actually keep score.  Or is it me keeping score?  Or is it me amazed that someone, anyone, would read anything that would change the scoring?
I guess due to this small shift I will have to conclude that the widget might actually work.  I guess.  Or no one actually did anything and it's malfunctioning.  And no, it isn't ME...I didn't pull those posts and anyway, I turned off all counters for myself on all the systems I might use to pull my blog.
Maybe I should read up on how that widget actually works.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT