Friday, April 29, 2011

Off-line AM 4/29/11

We took yesterday evening to spend some time at one of Jays’sister’s houses. It was a pleasant evening, sitting outside and talking of ordinary things. After we left we had dinner and stopped for a drink. I will admit I had a dry martini. It wasn’t late but it was time to head back to the room and get some sleep. I don’t think the drink hurt my sleep.
I am up this morning already showered with hair dried and straightened smooth and shiny. I have taken advantage of the complimentary coffee pot and will have to make the second by the looks of how I am draining the first. It’s too early to start getting dressed. Or is it? Is this going to be one of those days when you think you have all the time – almost too much time – and then find yourself rushing away, wondering what happened to those few moments you thought you still had. Will it go from zero to one hundred in a few seconds and I will find myself in the middle of a ceremony wondering how I got from dry martini to sipping champagne? I will see, won’t I? For now I will be happy with another cup of coffee while I warm up the curling iron. We need to be there by 10:00am. I have a little extra time it seems. Let’s see how long it lasts.
TT (8:06am 4/29/11)
Dante called while munching his complimentary breakfast. He wanted to check the address of our location this morning and he wasn’t able to get an actual address from anyone. I had it and gave it to him. He was plugging the information I gave him into his laptop since his room had wi-fi?! I didn’t think a hotel in this entire town had wi-fi…I looked! Dante not only had found a hotel with wi-fi but complimentary breakfast, too! Here I am working off-line and he is searching mapquest. Ah, now…I have other things to do right now besides worry about that. No, really. Now I do. I need to be ready to leave here at 9:30am.
TT (8:44am 4/29/11)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT