Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ADDD

Here's the deal.  My mind is all over the place.
That's it.  I have developed ADDD.  Yes, I meant to put the extra D on the end.  It would mean Attention Deficit Disorder Daily.  That would be opposed to ADDT which would be Attention Deficit Disorder Temporarily that I sometimes might be prone to experience.  This bombardment of things going through my head recently has turned into something that is happening to me everyday for a week and I haven't seen too much of a change in order for me to have any hope that it might end in the next few days or weekend.
Let me just put it out there.  My oldest son, Sonny, and his girlfriend, Selma, are getting married on Friday, April 29th.  This will occur in another city and since Selma's parents are taking care of the reception you wouldn't think that would be too much cause for me to be experiencing this Daily Disorder.  Yet, here I am with items of things that need to be done and time getting shorter as I forget and remember to do them.  I even made a list and was able to cross out half of the items until I realized there were things that needed to be done that I hadn't put on the list.  So, I'm not really half way done although I believe I may have done some of the more priority items.
Then, of course, there are my everyday tasks that I need to get done.  My regular job is a conglomeration of multi-tasked items that need to be done for an assembly of Directors, Sr. Mgrs and Associates.  All tasks are usually in different states of completion due to me needing to wait on responses from others to get my task completed.  You can add the fact that my counterpart is on vacation this week and I am covering duties that would be done by her while still doing my own.  I can do that.  So far, so good, I guess.  But wait...then add my air conditioning at home went out on Monday.  I left work early to meet the repairman only to find out it had frozen and he couldn't take care of it until it defrosted.  So I will probably need to leave work early again today (although, I don't think that is such a bad thing).  And running?  What's that?  My running shoes wouldn't recognize me right now if I even came close to putting them on.  Not good.
And no...the answer is I still do not have my dress for the wedding.  Selma asked me yesterday and when I told her no I could hear the exasperation in her voice (even though it was in an email) when she answered with my name....Tessaaaaaaaaa!
The reality is I am suffering from ADDD right now.  I am also very happy and very excited about the wedding.  I will deal with this disorder and cross my items off my list.  I will manage to get back to a manageable ADDT and possibly even eliminated the disorder completely real soon.
So that's the deal.
TT
 
      

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT