Thursday, April 28, 2011

The keeper

I have a lovely, white satin wedding dress sprawled across the entire length of my sofa downstairs.  It is thoroughly pressed, meticulously packaged and looks as if it is lounging just before the big event.  It isn't mine but it seems I have been the keeper of the dress since it was first picked up from the bridal store.  It only seemed fitting that I would also transport it from it's location now to where it will be delivered and worn tomorrow.  It wasn't necessarily planned that way but it seems I am the keeper of the dress and it couldn't have happened any other way.
We will be driving a long five hours today to arrive at a location farther south and I will be taking the dress. Selma and Sonny will be married tomorrow morning there at a private location with only immediate family attending.   Later tomorrow evening there will be a reception at a different location to celebrate until midnight with more family and friends that are local to the area.  The dress will travel again but by this time it will no longer be under my care.  I will relinquish my duties as keeper of the dress knowing that I had been given a trusted postion when it was needed.
The dress is lounging now awaiting it's time.  Soon it will be swept up and taken care of and safe.  I have been happy to be the one to watch over it until now.  I am happier to know there will be times in the future that I will be trusted again.
But for now, it's almost time for me to rouse and transport a lovely, white satin wedding dress.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT