Saturday, April 2, 2011

Writers comment

There is probably nothing I have come to enjoy as much as my Rules of Writing pieces.  They are about as therapeutic, comforting, and stress-relieving as some of my long runs.  (You can find a link to all of them under the Favorite Posts tab at the top).
I didn't know I was going to write my most recent (5) below until a few hours before I started typing it up.  I am not sure why but I'm especially happy with it.  Or maybe I know a little bit of why I am happy with it but don't want to come off as being pretentious by saying it.  I might be totally off my mark.  It's very possible.  It just doesn't feel that way to me and I guess there is no real way of knowing since I don't depend on this blog for readership, or feedback.  Granted, those would be nice in cases such as these but I won't let it make or break me.
I would like to think Rules of Writing, 5 is good from a writing standpoint.  I think I have gotten fairly good at capturing a moment in time.  I think I have been able to create something with the way I've put together the words to conjure a picture of it in the readers mind.  I would hope the characters are behaving in a real and natural way.  I also would like to think I've made the reader a little curious about these characters and left them wanting to know a little more about them.
It would all be well and good if these things were true.  I think in this particular segment I've come a progressive distance forward then some of what I may have put together two years ago.  I would like to think that.  It seems to feel that way but then I'm not the reader.
I am the writer.
TT
----------------------------------------
Note: Please feel free to comment on this or any post.  I am especially open to feedback and have an open mind to whatever might come across yours.  Or email works, too. TintoriT@gmail.com   (If I can remember to check it)! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT